The 90 year legacy of trust begins with our repair services. Vintage jewelers and gifts has two goldsmiths, Tom and Brendan (Father and Son) on premises. Tom has more than 40 years experience as a jeweler, much of it at the jewelry bench.
Over the years Tom has created and repaired thousands of jewelry pieces. Since appraisals are part of the services we offer, Tom’s education through GIA’s Diamond and Colored Stone courses and experience as the American Gem Society’s southern California vice president, provide some of the background expertise necessary to offer that service.
Brendan trained on campus and graduated from the Gemological Institute of America (G.I.A.) with a Graduate Jeweler and Applied Jewelry Arts degree. After graduating from G.I.A., Brendan apprenticed, then eventually ran a custom jewelry shop where he mastered the unique fabricating and stone setting challenges of creating one of a kind high end jewelry pieces from scratch. In 2008 he pursued an opportunity to start and run a custom design department for a southern California jeweler. This allowed him to focus on creating his own original jewelry designs, for which he won multiple international design awards.
- Free jewelry cleaning and inspection
- Antique jewelry restoration
- Ring Sizing
- Prong re-tipping
- Ring re-shanking
- Rhodium and gold plating
- Clasp replacement, repair and installation
- Mold making for jewelry duplication
- Stone replacement and setting
- Lost wax casting
- Chain repair
- Pearl and bead restringing
- Ring, pendant and charm engraving
- Watch battery installation while you wait
- Watch band replacement, installation, fitting and adjustment
- Written Jewelry Appraisals
- Gemological Identification
- Gold, silver and platinum buying
- Watch repair